Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Rilley came home!

Ok, so strictly speaking, Rilley did not come home on his own. A few days ago, a very nice man saw a flyer I had put up at a local store with Rilley's picture and called to let me know he was at his house. I was at work at the time. I have never driven home so happy or scared in my life! I was so scared he would be gone by the time I go there. He wasn't and now he is home. I will never know the story of what actually happened to him in that week, but he's home now and that's all that matters.

This week has been very challenging with the ups and downs. I am so very grateful that I have my dog back. He is a great source of comfort and stability. His presence brings me peace. I am walking with him a bit more just to keep him in sight, and that's difficult for me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I will struggle through the pain.

I find myself sitting more frequently in the last week. I cannot maintain a standing position for even the few minutes I could before. I have long since perfected the bounce from one foot to the other. I do often wonder what other people think of me when they see the bounce. Do they think I'm not paying attention to them, or that I just don't have the ability to stand still? I wonder if they think I'm detoxing off some medication or if they attribute my movements to an illness? I know that it has to be noticeable. anyway, these are the questions I think about.

I ruined a cake last night. Bubbled right over the pan because I filled the pan too close to the top. I knew better when I did it, but I was distracted by my book on tape. Does anyone else ever get distracted like that? I had once heck of a mess to clean up. Good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment